Saturday, August 21, 2010

Still Moving....

I'm writing this (brief) post from my new "study". It's nowhere near ready yet, but I've moved the computer in and I can move around in it.

I think we've done the right thing by putting Sam's stuff in the lounge room. It's so much more accessible to everyone now, and I feel comfortable knowing he's 'there' with us.

I'm not so sure about putting everything else in the cupboard. I still feel a little bit funny about it, but it is easily accessible if we want to look at it.

And I get my study.

I spent a lot of Friday running around looking for some shelves for the study, as I have a lot of stuff that I need to find a place for: school resources, framing stuff, photography stuff, etc....(you get the picture!).

I went around a few furniture shops, but I've gotta say, I was fairly unimpressed with most of the stuff I saw. It might have something to do with the fact that I've got a wood craftsman for a partner, or perhaps I'm fussy about what I outlay lots of money for.

Because I wasn't really prepared to spend $1000+ on bookshelves that weren't finished properly or had totally impractical shelving arrangements, I ended up having to choose between some very cheap Fantastic Furniture shelves, or some second hand ones I found at the Ex-Government Furniture store. Second hand won in the end, as even though they weren't exactly what I was looking for, they were very sturdy and at a great price.

I won't post photos yet, as I'm going to wait until I've got the room completely sorted. Which hopefully won't keep me off here too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!