Friday, March 4, 2011

Chattin' with the Minister...

For the past few weeks, I've been working on a big project. I've been organising a video conference.

What's a video conference? I'm glad you asked!

It's basically a conference (or conversation) that takes place over the internet (or similar): where all the participants can see and hear each other.

This particular video conference was about cyber safety, and is related to a bigger event that I am helping to organise, which involves students from many schools. The video conference took place today, as a 'warm-up' for the bigger event in a couple of weeks time.

It involved getting together the local Minister for Education with a bunch of students from schools across the city. Then connecting them all together on the internet and getting them to have a conversation.

And they did! There were technical issues (we are talking school/government internet after all!), but they all had a pretty great conversation about some very important issues, and I think everyone got a lot out of it. It even got some good coverage on the nightly local news.

A heck of a lot of work was involved, in prepping everything, briefing the kids and the minister, and, just getting things to work. But it went off OK. And I organised it. I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing some absolutely great work! Good on you Mel!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!