Tuesday, March 22, 2011

An observation (or two)

Ok, I know I've done this before, but there are things I notice as I go about my business, that probably take up way too much of my cognitive time.
So I share them with you. It's only fair...

I wonder if people even notice that they're always talking with their hands. Especially when they're the alone. Especially when they're driving alone.
A few times lately, while I've been driving around the place, I've noticed that many people, alone in their cars, talk with their hands. Waving them around wildly as they (supposedly) concentrate on the road.
Obviously they're being very safety conscious and using a hands-free kit, but surely this is counteracted by the fact that their hands are waving frantically around as they try to make that point that can't be made while the car is stationary (or, god forbid, in person)?
And now that I've noticed it, I notice it ALL the time. Everywhere I go. Are people conducting whole seminars in their cars, or what?

I wonder why people turn up at the supermarket between 4 and 7pm (the busiest time of the day) and then complain about the crowds.

I wonder why people drive the long way round just to skip a couple of traffic lights.

I wonder how a newspaper that is completely wrapped in plastic can still be soaking wet after a rainy night.

I wonder why there are so many people in the world (or maybe it's just this place) that seem to spend their whole day making negative, cynical comments about everything. Witness The Riot Act as an example of this phenomenon.

And just for a laugh: thanks to iGoogle (and presumably many others) for these ones...

I wonder why more psychics don't win the lottery.

I wonder does the reverse side have a reverse side?

I wonder if you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry?

I wonder why we drive on parkways and park on driveways.

I wonder what was the best thing before sliced bread...


Oh don't worry, there'll be more....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!