I like money, and it would always be great to have some more. But $52 million? That's a crazy big bunch of money!
BlogThis asked us what we'd do with $52 million. Of course, there are the usual things that I've always put on my winning-the-lottery list: my family, friends and I debt-free, a nice house and a really good holiday, some charity stuff... but those things wouldn't even scratch the surface. $5 million would probably be too much.
So I thought I'd do a little research. Just what can $52 million buy?
There are the spoil-yourself items:
- 13 Toorak Mansions ($4,000,000 each)
- 49 Luxury Yachts ($1,050,000 each)
- 260 Space flights with Virgin Galactic ($200,000 each)
- 523 BMW 325i - 2010 model ($99,400 each)
- 3255 Round-the-world Plane tickets ($15972 each)
- 21,675 iMac Desktop Computers ($2400 each)
- 23,183 Nights at the 7-Star Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai (Honeymoon Package $2,243 per night)
- 179,310 8 Course Tasting Meals (with wine) at Rockpool, Sydney ($290 per person)
- 1 Island (Buck Island, British Virgin Islands, $48,000,000)
- 1,155 Harvard Law Degrees ($45,000 each)
- 85,245 Shares in Google ($610.04 each)
- 3 Aged care homeless centres ($16 million each)
- 14 MRI Suites (including the machine $3,500,000 each)
- 299 African Schools ($173,500 each)
- 5,200,000 gift chickens from Oxfam ($10 each)
- And a heck of a lot of hours of cancer research
Blog this also asked if we'd go public. Definitely not. For one, it would bring out the loonies, but also, if you were giving that much money away, you wouldn't do it for the fame, would you?
They say you've gotta be in it to win it though, and I don't buy lottery tickets. Perhaps I should, and spread the love a bit. Because of course I'd win! ;p
What would you do with 52 million bucks?