Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hard Day Today

It's been a hard day today. I've been cranky, especially with the kids.
I had a few tears today - at the time it wasn't specifically related to Sam, but I think that was what it was all about. No matter what it is - a music clip, something happening in the street, an ad on TV, a toy found in a cupboard - I'll think of Sam.
I'm very conscious of the fact that his birthday is coming up. Perhaps that's it. I've heard that the week leading up to the birthday is harder than the day itself. I hope so...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mel,

    I was told the same thing about my daughter's birthday, her first birthday after she died- that the lead-up is way worse than the actual day. I think the lead-up to the birthday and the birthday itself are equally as hard, just for different reasons. I can't say anything to make any of this easier for you, so I'll just wish you a lot of strength to get through this. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate. We've been having lots of downs, but thankfully there are a few ups as well.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you guys always and we'll be there Friday in whatever way you need, including building lego with Ollie, I am always up for that.Laura

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!