Thursday, March 4, 2010

Still Here

No, I haven't disappeared/lost interest.

The boys and I went to Merimbula for a few days, so I took a break from blogging.
My lovely sister-in-law Laura won some free accommodation on a website, and she was kind enough to give it to us. (thank you again Laura!)
We stayed in the same place we have stayed in the last couple of times in Merimbula, but this time we stayed in a cabin. It was very nice, with a big spa and a view of the ocean. There were also lorikeets that visited every day (you'd think Anthony would have had enough of parrots at home, but no...)

The main reason we chose Merimbula again (apart from because we really like it there, it always feels like home to me) is that Anthony was going to get a tattoo. In January when we visited Merimbula, we found a nice little tattoo studio in Pambula. As soon as we walked in there we got a really great vibe. They were friendly and chatted to us, and most of all it was clean!

So we went back there, and on Wednesday Anthony got his tattoo:


It looks a bit dark now, as it still has to heal and settle, but it is an amazing likeness of Samuel. It's something Anthony has been keen on from the day Sam left us, and as you can see he is very happy with it. I think it looks fantastic!

The trip was good for us I think. Tomorrow is Sam's birthday and if I had been here all week, I think I would have gone a little mad. I was cranky and teary on Sunday before we left, and then cranky and teary again this afternoon when we got back. I miss Sam a lot, and his birthday really makes me feel it more. But I think tomorrow will be OK. I will write about it (and some other things) soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mel,
    I wish you and the boys well tomorrow. May all those wonderful memories you have of Samuel help you through the day. Not sure that it will help at all, but my thoughts will be with you and all of your family tomorrow.
    Big hugs () Jenelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow… that is pretty awesome. This is the perfect place to relax and spend time with your family. I’ll never forget the best Australian experience to go to Merimbula and have that great Merimbula accommodation.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!