Saturday, March 6, 2010

This is a poem I read on another blog (thanks Kate and Karen).
It's very nice and I thought I'd share it.

~Please~

Please, don’t ask me if I am over it.
I will never be over it!
Please, don’t tell me he is in a better place.
He isn’t here with me!
Please, don’t tell me he isn’t suffering.
I haven’t come to terms with why
he had to suffer at all.
Please, don’t ask me if I feel better.
For bereavement isn’t a condition that clears up.
Please, don’t tell me,
At least you had him for so many years.
What year would you choose for your loved one to die?
Please, don’t ever tell me that,
God doesn’t give us more then we can handle.
Please, just say you are sorry.
Please, just say that you remember him.
Please, just talk to me about him.
Please, just mention his name.
Please, just let me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!