Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Newspaper Article

I came across this the other day and thought I'd add it to the blog.
Not long after we published the return thanks (we put a big ad in the classifieds thanking the police, paramedics, celebrant and funeral director, because they were all so wonderful), we got a call from a reporter from the Canberra Times. He came with a photographer and interviewed us, and then this article went in on the 10th of January.

We were pretty happy with it, though they made us out to be more concerned about the inquest than we actually are.
The way I see it, knowing what happened would be good, because if it's a genetic thing then we could get Ollie tested for whatever the problem with Sam was (that's my biggest fear, that what happened to Sam could happen to Ollie). But it's not going to change anything - we can't change what happened, we aren't looking to blame anyone. In fact, whenever we get the results, the only thing it's going to do is bring the whole thing up all over again.
But, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Here is the picture that they didn't use:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!