Thursday, January 23, 2014

365 Grateful - 10-14

For the last few days I've been doing a big clean up and can't get to my computer (I'm on my phone now). But, I thought I'd better throw up my 'gratefuls', at least as place holders until (hopefully) tomorrow I can get back to it!

January 10, 2014

Yep, berries again! These are my first blackberries for the season and they're yummy!
In winter, when I get grumpy and depressed about the cold and living in Canberra, I must remember how grateful I am for a climate that allows me to grow berries!

January 11, 2014
There's nothing quite like Saturday breakfast. I love to sit with my eggs and stroll casually through the paper, coffee in the side. Even more satisfying when you've just worked out!


January 12, 2014
I didn't take a photo because I was having so much fun, but today I'm grateful for board games. I had a lovely night last night with friends playing board games. If you've never played Balderdash before, do yourself a favour and have a go. It's guaranteed to make you laugh yourself silly! Both times I've played it (I know, I must play more!), I've laughed so much it hurts, and who doesn't need a good laugh from time to time?!

January 13, 2014
Without the National Library, I wouldn't be here. Simple as that. My parents met while working there 45-odd years ago (Mum was from Melbourne, Dad was from Sydney), and started their life together here in Canberra. So yeah, I'm grateful for that!
I also love that we have this amazing place here in Canberra, that along with all the other 'cultural institutions' by the lake: the Art Gallery, the Portrait Gallery, the National Museum give everyone the chance to see amazing and beautiful things for free. Today we saw the 'Mapping our World' exhibition, which (as a casual cartophile) I thought was just brilliant. How lucky we are to have institutions dedicated to the preservation of history in our backyard!

January 14, 2014
We've always had pets. And lots of different ones too, from our dogs and the cat to chooks, ducks, geese, rats, rabbits, and even a couple of goats. And of course there are the many parrots that Anthony breeds.
But the thing I'm grateful about today is that they've always gotten along. The dogs and the cat, the cat and the birds, even the cat and the rats. I like that all those different animals can live together in our happy little home. My sister-in-law, Rachael, who is also a vet, says that it's because we have such a 'chilled out' household. I'll take that as a compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!