Friday, January 3, 2014

365 Grateful - 1 & 2

I've been wanting to start up the blog again for a long time, but couldn't think of a sustainable way to do it. A while back I mentioned that I'd like to change the blog to a celebration of the good things in life, but I still couldn't figure out a way to do that so that I could have something regular to post. Luckily, I came across this post on Upworthy and I thought that a 365 Grateful project would be a great place to start.

I've toyed with the idea of a Gratitude Journal, but 365 Grateful is a quick, easy and visual way of celebrating the good things in life. The idea is to take a photo of something I'm grateful every day and post it here. Kinda like an online photo album of all the things that make me happy in 2014. I'm almost positive I won't post every day, but I will take a photo every day, and put it up here when I can. If you like this idea, why not have a go yourself?

Day 1 - January 1 2014
Sparklers!
Who doesn't love sparklers? They cost hardly anything and they're one of the last 'mildy dangerous' things that kids can play with (you've seen me rant about the Government sucking the fun out of everything!). And they look so pretty when the kids are waving them around!

I love anything that sparkles. While I'm not a huge Christmas fan, I do love Christmas lights, and make an effort to put some up each year. Perhaps I should take a picture of them!

Day 2 - January 2 2014
Fingernails!
I've never had nice nails. They are thin and weak and bend backwards instead of curving nicely. For my 40th birthday in December (I'll post about that soon), I was given a voucher for one of those nail salons. I'd thought about doing it, but had been told that it would wreck my nails so I was a bit cautious. Well, when I got the voucher I figured that they couldn't get much worse, so I trotted off on my birthday and got (my very first) pedicure and a set of acrylic nails.

Well they're great! They look so much nicer, and I haven't been able to pick at them or bite them (or the skin around them), so they stay nice. Yesterday, I went and got them 'filled' (this could be the part that's not so great - and perhaps expensive!), and they are even better! The fellow (yes, fellow - Oliver was gobsmacked when I said a man did them!) spent ages on them; he did a great job and they look much more real and natural now. 

It's my little bit of feminine, and I like them very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!