Thursday, January 23, 2014

365 Grateful - 15-19

January 15, 2014

Summer Sunset
There's nothing quite like a summer sunset. This one is taken through the cat window, but you can still see how beautiful it was...

January 16, 2014
Laksa! Drooooooool!
I love laksa. It's probably one of my all-time favourite meals. The hotter the better! Today, after teaching my very first paid Sh'Bam class (another thing I'm grateful for today!), I had a lovely laksa with my brother-in-law, his partner and their friends. Despite the hot day (it was 39 degrees in Canberra on the 15th), we sat outside the Asia Noodle House, and had one of their excellent laksas and a good natter. Yum!

January 17 and 18, 2014
The view from our campsite
Chillin'....
I'm very grateful for Caravan Parks. No matter how broke you are (things are a little tight at the moment!), caravan parks ensure that you can have a holiday by the sea - as long as you're prepared to do it a little 'rough'. We stayed two nights in the fantastic Easts Caravan Park, and had a busy but relaxing time. Once you're set up (and it wasn't too hard for us as we can now sleep in Anthony's van) , you can just put your feet up and enjoy the beautiful weather and views. Luckily for us, we were blessed with both! I love the slower pace, the lack of a TV, and all the cool things that are available in a caravan park (like a nice pool) that you'd have to pay a lot more for in a hotel.
January 19, 2014
Could we cram any more fun into two days? Nah...

Sunrise over Montague Island
And while I'm on the subject, I am very grateful for Narooma. It's such a beautiful town. I spent a fair bit of time there when I was a kid (my grandparents lived there), and I'm happy to say it hasn't changed much at all (though there are signs of that starting to happen). It's still got a 'small coast town' feel, unlike some of the more commercial, built-up areas like Batemans Bay. There is a gorgeous little beach there (Bar Beach), that is calm and clear (and protected by a shark net, which always makes the kids happy!); which was also only a kilometre or so from where we stayed. We rode our bikes over for a lovely (if not bracing - the water is cold!) swim, which was the highlight of our little holiday. Such a lovely place. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!