Thursday, July 22, 2010

Clumsy strikes again?

Less than 12 hours after I posted the last entry, I was out walking (in the dark - if I don't do it in the morning, I don't tend to do it!), when I had a bit of a fall. I tripped over a rock or something on the path and came down hard on one knee and one arm.
I had heard something click in my arm, and because it hurt so much, I thought I might possibly have broken it. It seemed a little ironic, considering the topic of the last post!

Nevertheless, with my soldiering-on attitude, I went off to work, and spent most of the day in a lot of pain. By the time I got home I could barely move it, so went off to the walk-in clinic at our local hospital.

What a fantastic experience (apart from the pain thing)! The clinic is run by nurses, but to be honest, I think a lot of nurses, and I think they know just as much as doctors.
The nurse I saw was kind, funny, thorough (more so than many doctors I've seen over the years), and he was good looking too, which didn't hurt! ;p

In the end it turned out I'd sprained one of the muscles in my upper arm. Of course by then I felt like a little bit of a drama queen, but it was nice to know it wasn't broken. It even felt better afterwards (it's funny how that can happen, perhaps we over-compensate for it when we think it's a serious injury, making it worse!)
Anyway, all's good now, and my arm is starting to feel a lot better.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!