Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Those lovely boys...

Ok, so one week in and I've dropped the ball already!
I know, I said I was going to so my Sam post on Monday, but I didn't! Ollie and I drove to Sydney and back on Sunday, so I was a little weary then, and yesterday I was in bed by 9pm, so no go there!

And of course, then there's the problem of what to write about. I thought I had a topic for this week. We've just come back from Ollie's parent teacher night, which was quite a lovely experience actually. He's doing very well at the moment, and moving along in leaps and bounds. Well done baby boy!
But this one's not about him, it's about Sam. So I thought I'd reminisce about his time at school.
But once I started, I thought that I'd like to get out some of his old school stuff so I could do it properly.

Unfortunately that leaves me back where I started. With nothing to write about.

But Laura asked how things were going at his school, so I thought I'd update a little.

The lemon trees have finally arrived, so some time in the next few weeks we'll go up to the school and plant them with Sam's friends. I'm quite looking forward to that.

But the really nice thing? Some of Sam's friends have been on touch a bit on Facebook. A couple of them have written a song, and they are going to perform it at the final assembly this year. They asked me to come and watch it, which was a really nice gesture.

They've been so great, Sam's friends. I just know they're going to become great men as well.

That's it for me for now. Bed is calling once again. Ollie and I have been reading Harry Potter each night, and it's time consuming and tiring, but so worth it! Lovely time spent together.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!